Tangy Vietnamese flavours and juicy steak make for a moreish salad.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat
- 2 carrots, sliced into ribbons using a peeler
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 125 g vermicelli noodles
- ¼ wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons using a peeler
- 150 g snow peas, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup peanuts (plain, unsalted), chopped, to serve
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- Brush steaks with oil and season with pepper. Place a chargrill pan over high heat and cook steak for 3 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest.
- Peel carrot into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and toss with the rice vinegar. Leave to pickle for 10 minutes.
- Cover vermicelli in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender, drain and rinse with cold water, drain again. Combine the dressing ingredients.
- Combine cabbage, carrot plus pickling liquid, vermicelli, cucumber, snow peas and mint leaves and toss with dressing. Top salad with sliced beef and peanuts.