Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 300 g beef mince
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 4 eggs
- To serve, lime wedges and 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves plus sprigs
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat and cook the mince until brown. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli and capsicum and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add fish sauce and tomato and stir through. Season well with cracked black pepper. Check seasoning.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly with a tablespoon of water. Heat one teaspoon of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and swirl to coat. Once hot, add beaten eggs and swirl to coat the pan. Once eggs are almost set add half the mince filling and scatter with half the Thai basil leaves. Fold over omelette and tip onto a plate to serve. Repeat to make a second omelette.
- Serve omelette with lime wedges and extra basil.